Senior Product Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
£55000 - £65000 per annum
I'm looking for a Senior Product Manager to join a very fast growing technology solutions provider based in Manchester due to rapid expansion of their digital offering in the North West.
In this business, Senior Product Managers are accountable for the quality of complex, high-risk products and services in the public sector and work with stakeholders and teams to set visions and priorities.
They are experts in their field and will be involved in line management of Product Managers. They champion the user and work with the team to ensure what is built achieves the outcomes desired. They have strong communication skills and are comfortable engaging with senior stakeholders from a consultancy perspective.
Senior Product Managers are expected to work across the whole digital service delivery team, engaging regularly with the client, 3rd parties and contractors as needed to ensure that the team's effort delivers value to the end users and the client's organisation and that the project is delivered successfully. You must have client-facing experience and a proven track record of working with customers to define a prioritised backlog. They'll want to discuss previous prioritisation methods you have been a part of, including how you helped to distil key client objectives into epics and user stories. Role Responsibilities;
- Being involved with elements of programme management activities
- Understanding the marketplace, realising the benefit and persuading others that a product is the right one to use. Integrating a product with other services, and ensuring that products get used.
- Effective workshop facilitation, adopting a senior approach to oversee and enable the delivery team to interpret research outcomes into actionable insights, continued by using product management principles and approaches to define what is built meeting user, service and organisation needs, alongside understanding and experience of agile methodology and how to apply the agile mindset to all aspects of their work.
- Ensuring that the outcomes of any engagement have identifiable outcomes that are measurable and deliver value to the user and our client.
- Leading multidisciplinary teams, typically managing large scale projects with multiple workstreams, right from the discovery phase. During discovery, which normally takes 1-2 weeks, you will use the customer's high-level business objectives to create the product roadmap. You will work with a range of stakeholders, including the delivery managers, software engineers, client, third-party services and Discovery Team, to identify and remove blockers, whilst empowering the delivery teams to decide on best practice and design epics/user stories to work from.
- Ensuring roadmaps are prioritised by business value and risk. You will ensure our delivery teams are able to ship a first release within 12 weeks and continue to ship daily from then on.
- Working with the delivery manager to accurately monitor the progress of a project. That will include accessible weekly and monthly dashboards that can be fed back to the relevant stakeholders, including Directors. These will incorporate budget requirements and outcomes as well as outlining blockers and risks.
- Focusing on enhancing the delivery team's ability to meet deadlines and adhere to the roadmap by diplomatically protecting them from outside influences and unnecessary distractions, instead, engaging the teams with the clients in more structured processes such as workshops, sprint planning, daily scrums, show and tells, retros, etc.
- Working directly with clients, ideally in a Consultancy with multiple services
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Lean and Agile processes
- Articulate a problem and help others to do it. You know how to build problem-solving capabilities in others
- Able to lead a team, overcoming constraints to become high performing
- Designing, facilitating and leading workshops to shape vision and set direction
- Working within multidisciplinary teams with product, design, and technology working within the same cycles
- Agile and lean practices such as Lean UX, Scrum, XP, and/or Kanban
- Showcasing and presentation skills
- Evidence of self-development – they value keen learners
- Drive to deliver outcomes for users
- Desire to mentor others
- Empathy and people skills
- Assist sales and marketing team with product knowledge
- Communication will be key to your success, so you should feel comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders in a professional manner, so that the needs of everyone involved in a project are kept in balance, whilst mediating disputes when required.
The salary for this position is £55-65,000 plus an excellent benefits package and is almost fully-remote (you have to go into the office 1 day per week).
Please send your latest CV to email@example.com if you'd be interested in applying.