Senior Data Engineer
Bristol, United Kingdom
Senior Data Engineer – Bristol/Hybrid – Up to £85,000 DOE AWS – DynamoDB – Redshift – SQL – Python
£70000 - £85000 per annum
My client is currently planning a digital transformation and is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join the team and set the vision and roadmap for Data. Being able to communicate processes and ideas with the CTO will be a key part of the role. At first you will be taking a hands on approach and being able to hit the ground running by sorting through large amounts of data for recording, accessing, moving, translating, retaining, archiving, deleting, securing and governing data.
The role will develop into shaping the team and working across multiple platforms in a cross- functional Agile development team. You’ll be working collaboratively with highly skilled software engineers as well as BAs, Testers, Web Designers and User Experience specialists on challenging customer-facing projects.
My client is a leading name in the online retail industry, they are current going into exciting times and now would be a great point to join. Especially with a role that will include the development of your own teams. They are a leading name brand with the freedom to innovate, through being a small team and investment to make it work.
This is a key role within the team and a very exciting time to join. Be part of setting the roadmap.Little look at what you will be doing:
- Investigate, test and introduce new ways of working and technologies
- Lead and mentor both peers and junior members of Engineering in to developing a data-driven culture with supporting practises
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Seek new and creative ways to automate workflows and iterate on system improvements
Good Skills to Have:
- Collaborate with software and test engineers on release and test processes in an agile manner
A look at what they can offer:
- AWS, Redshift, Snowflake, Athena
- AWS Glue, Pipelines, Airflow, Kafka
- Python, large data solutions
- Soft communication, Collaboration, Stakeholder skills, Retail
- Competitive salary
- Discretional Bonus
- 25 Days Holiday
- Pension, Healthcare, etc.
There will be a 2 stage interview process and my client is keen to see CV’s and start interviewing. Please do not hesitate and apply now
to be considered.
Please be aware my client is not offering sponsorship
for this role, you will need to have British citizenship, IRL or Refuge status. Senior Data Engineer – Bristol/Hybrid – Up to £85,000AWS – DynamoDB – Redshift – SQL – Python